I already announced that we switched to Disqus in this post...
In short those are the advantages of Disqus over the default Blogger comments:
- Support for Disqus-, Facebook-, Twitter-, Google+ Accounts (you can also post as Guest without login)
- No more captcha codes for loged-in users
- Easier following up on your own comments
- Easier communication with other users
- Following comments of a specific post via RSS/Email
- Improved view (new comments first) and comment ratings are available
- Hopefully improved spam filter
- Moderation of Comments is now possible for us
- Support for attachements (e.g. photo's or screenshots)
- Support for hyperlinks
That means, the old RSS feed for comments will continue to work!
And if we ever decide to leave Disqus (because it becomes a paid service or shuts down its doors), we will still have all the comments (including all future comments) and can easily switch back to our previous (or another new) solution.
So give it a try and drop a comment, tell me what you think about it!
UpdateI made some small but significant changes to our Disqus setup:
- removed advertisment
- improved performance
- fixed compatibility for mobile webbrowsers
Btw. thanks to Franz for his comment (made me realize that there were problems in mobile browsers)!